Lesson 6 – Publishing, saving and managing dashboards
In this lesson you will learn how to save a dashboard locally to disk and publish it to the server. You will also learn how to manage dashboards published to the server.
When you complete this lesson you will understand:
- How to save a dashboard locally to disk.
- How to publish a dashboard to the server.
- How to modify a dashboard published to the server.
- How to delete a dashboard published to the server.
Before you begin this lesson you should be able to:
- Install the inmydata client applications.
- Open the dashboard designer.
- Understand the dashboard designer interface.
Create and open dashboards.
Saving a dashboard
Saving a dashboard saves the definitions of the tabs and dashboard objects in a dashboard. There is no data saved with the dashboard. Follow these steps to save a dashboard:
- Select Save or Save As from the File menu on the ribbon.
If prompted, enter the name of the file you wish to save the dashboard as.
Publishing a Dashboard
To publish a dashboard, follow these steps:
- Select Properties from the File menu on the ribbon.
- Enter a name, description and select a category to publish your dashboard to, then press OK.
- Select Publish from the File menu on the ribbon.
Editing a published dashboard
To edit a published dashboard, follow these steps:
- Open the dashboard from the server
- Make your required changes
- Publish your dashboard.
NB: Publishing a dashboard that already exists on the server will overwrite the existing version, applying any changes you have made. If you want to publish a second copy of the dashboard, save a copy first by selecting Save As from the File menu of the ribbon. This gives the dashboard a new identity.
Deleting a published dashboard
To delete a published dashboard, follow these steps:
- Click on the Open web button on the Application Settings tab of the ribbon.
- Log in
- Select the category the dashboard was published to
- Press the delete button on the tab for the dashboard you want to delete.