Lesson 2 – Downloading and installing the dashboard designer
The inmydata dashboard designer is a Microsoft Windows desktop application. You must download and install the application on your PC to create and publish dashboards. In this lesson, we’ll cover what you need to download and install the application, how to install it, and steps to open the dashboard designer for the first time.
When you complete this lesson you should be able to:
- Check your PC is compatible with the dashboard designer
- Download the dashboard designer
- Install the dashboard designer
- Open and run the dashboard designer
Before you begin this lesson you should be able to:
- Understand how to use a Microsoft Windows desktop PC
Before you install
The inmydata client applications must be downloaded and installed on PC. Before you do so, check that the PC you intend to use matches the minimum requirements available here.
Downloading the installer
The inmydata client applications installation package can be downloaded as follows.
- Log in to your inmydata tenant
- Click the + icon to create a new visualisation
- Click on the link to download the installer
Installing the inmydata client applications
To install the inmydata client applications, do the following.
- Double click on the installation package that was downloaded, or select Open from the browser you downloaded it with.
- Answer Yes to the security question when prompted if you want to allow this application to make changes to your device.
- Select Next on each step of the wizard, until you are offered the Install button.
- Press Install and complete the wizard.
Starting the dashboard designer
To start the dashboard designer, follow these steps.
- Double click on the inmydata dashboard designer shortcut on the desktop or the start menu.
- If this is the first time you have used the dashboard designer on this machine, enter the name of the tenant you wish to connect to when prompted, and press OK.
- Login when prompted.