Appendix A – Year on year comparisons with summary calculations and calendar variables
In this lesson you will learn how to use summary calculations to easily create year on year comparisons. You will also learn how to use calendar variables to allow users to easily compare different years.
When you complete this lesson, you will understand:
- The concept of summary calculations.
- How to create summary calculations.
- How to use summary calculations in a dashboard or visualisation.
- How to create calendar variables and apply them to filters and summary calculation.
Before you begin this lesson you should be able to:
- Access the data administration screens and edit subjects.
- Create visualisations.
- Create and open dashboards.
- Add and edit filters to dashboard objects
- Add control panels to a dashboard