Adding tree view selection panels
Tree View Selector Panels allow users to quickly apply complex hierarchical filtering to objects on a dashboard. Follow these steps to add a tree view filter panel to your dashboard:
- Drag a tree view panel from the toolkit on to your dashboard, or select Tree View Selection Panel from the list that appears when you press the Add button in the Dashboard Objects group of the Edit Dashboard tab.
- Define the tree view selection panel settings in the Tree View Selection Panel window (described in more detail below).
Defining data for a tree view selection panel
The Tree View Selection Panel window Data tab allows you to specify the data that will be used to display and build the filters for your tree view selection panel. Follow these steps to specify the values that will appear in the tree view:
Follow the steps below to specify the data;
- First select the Query data set that you wish to base your treeview;
- Select the calendar you wish to be used to derive any date groupings (such as year, period, week etc).
- If you wish to, press the filter button to apply a filter to your data set (applying filters will be described in more detail below).
- Select a column in the Available Columns list, and press the Add Column button to add the column as the root group item.
- Select a different column as the child filter column in the Available Columns list, and press the add child column button ().
- Repeat the steps above to add all the columns you require.
- If you wish to, you can change the way group values are grouped, sorted and displayed by selecting the group options button to open the group options window.
Defining the appearance of a tree view selection panel
The Tree View Selection Panel window Appearance tab allows you to specify settings that will govern the appearance of the tree view selection panel. Follow the steps below to specify the appearance of your dashboard object;
- Enter a title for your tree view selection panel.
- By default, nodes will remember their checked state when you publish a dashboard. However, if the underlying data changes, you can select whether new nodes are checked when added to the treeview.
Defining which objects a tree view selection panel applies to
The Tree View Selection Panel window Objects to filter tab allows you to specify which objects on your dashboard the panels filter will be applied to.
The Objects to filter tab contains a root node for all tabs in your dashboard that contain at least one object that has the same columns as the tree view filter panel. Each root node contains a child node for each dashboard object in that tab that has the same columns as the tree view filter panel.
Follow the steps below to apply the filter to objects on the dashboard;
- Select the node that represents the object.
Alternatively, to select all the objects on a single tab, select node that represents the tab.